What if every time you go out on a date with your spouse, all you talk about is work, bills, schedules, and — if you have them — kids? As vitally important as those things are to discuss, we chat about how you can have a date-night conversation that’s NOT about work, bills, schedules, or kids. Listen in as we share four steps you can put into practice.
4 Steps to Date-Night Conversations That Deepen Your Connection
- Set a timer.
- Pick out conversation starters in advance.
- Choose questions wisely.
- Listen well and be curious.
Us Time Challenge
Go on a date night and practice these steps. Make sure you and your spouse each pick out a conversation starter or two that you want to ask the other.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- “15 Things Happy Couples Talk About That Draw Them Together” from LifeHack.com
- Karen Ehman’s free printable, “Getting to Know You Again Date Night Questions”
Team Us Resources
- Team Us: The Unifying Power of Grace, Commitment, and Cooperation in Marriage
- FREE Team Us Study Guide